Wednesday, December 1, 2010

New project focus

The Gypsy Project has taken a few new turns since I began this blog, hence the lack of writing.

1. I've joined The Artists Initiative Against Romophobia and AntiTziganism where I will be working with other writers, film makers, poets, artists, and performers to get the world's attention on the Rroma situation around the world.

2. I've formed a board to begin to create The Porrjamos Education Project. Our goal will be to bring the Montreal collection safely to the States where it will be catalogued and placed on display at universities and museums around the country.

3. I will begin working on a research paper about the condition of Rroma in Europe. Yes, it sounds open ended, but right now, I don't have enough of the big picture to focus on one point yet.

4. I will be working on completeing a research paper I began about the Porrjamos. As my mentor says, "Time to learn to talk like the big boys."

The first day of the last month of the new year. Time to begin anew.

No comments:

Post a Comment