Friday, December 3, 2010

The Montreal Project

I've been in contact with some artists who want to help me get a display together for any museum or library that will have it. This display will focus on the Porrjamos, though how far it will go is uncertain since I have not seen any of the works as of yet.

More good news: we've made contact with Shloime in Montreal. He has promised to contact Oleg this weekend and I pray he will. Perhaps we can get the materials here after all and work can begin in earnest to get this project rolling. I'm very hopeful things will start to happen with this project. Once Shloime confirms, my next step will be to get some students on board to transribe the tapes. When the tapes arrive, they need to be placed on a DVD format. I wonder if there is a company in town who would assist in consideration for their names in the program.

Also, I began to read Denying History last night. So far it is a fascinating read and I am looking forward to really digging into it again tonight after supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment